Friday, November 13, 2009

Blah.

This has been me lately.
I must admit that I've been feeling pretty good for being pregnant. With the exception of being overwhelmingly tired. I work, I come home and collapse on the couch. I have no desire to do anything when I get home, and it has been a bit trying on me. And probably on B, because I'm honestly not getting much done around the house. I have been subbing about 4 times a week, and teaching a class at the university 2 times a week. The class at the university ends on Monday, and I am extremely happy that I will have a bit of my time back. I keep saying I'm going to cut back on subbing as well, but it is hard when I want to make some money before taking time off when the baby is born. I do need to start thinking less about money (hard to do!) though, and more about how important it is to spend time with my hubby. Because he doesn't get weekends off, he has 2 days off during the week. I used to not work at least one of those days so we got to spend time together, and I haven't even been doing that. In a few months, we won't have the time we have to ourselves now, and I know we should take advantage of it. I really need to work on changing my mindset...especially because I really miss my hubby. It is ok to say no to a day of subbing, and money is honestly not the most important thing in the world...

One thing I have really noticed since being pregnant is that I've thought about my dad A LOT. About how proud he would have been to have a granddaughter (yes, we found out we are having a girl!), and how he would have spoiled her rotten. My dad was amazing with kids. He would have wanted to have his grandchildren visit often, would have taken them on trips, and taught them all the useful information he passed on to my sister and I. I can't help but think of the huge gap that will be left in my daughter's life because she will never know her amazing grandfather. Especially because I still miss him so much. I will of course tell her what an amazing man her grandfather was, and pass on my memories, but it won't be the same. And sometimes that is hard to swallow.

10 comments:

FROGGITY! said...

you're back! that's great that you are having a girl! they are so much fun. i am sure your dad would be proud of you, it sounds like there is much to be proud of. take care and hope you beat the blahs!

Drea said...

Have they checked you for anemia? It can happen with pregnant women, and will cause that overwhelming tired feeling.

Hope you feel better! We heard the heartbeat for the first time yesterday, and it was amazing. Can't wait till we get to see him/her!

Frugal New England Kitchen said...

Feeling introspective and melancholy is typical during days with less sunlight in the fall and winter, and people are suseptible to SAD. Perhaps you might want to ask your doctor about it?

Happy Saturday Sharefest! Visiting from SITS!

strokeofliving said...

Good morning SITStah', I'm not married and I've never been pregnant so I can't provide any comfort to you but here is a blogger that you may or may not ba familiar with who can:
http://babymakingmachine.blogspot.com/
She's wonderful and hopefully you two can bond and be supportive :-)

Anonymous said...

Stopping by from SITS!
I''m sorry to hear about your father, it sounds like he was an amazing man.
Congratulations on your little girl! It seems like every new baby has been a girl lately. LOL. And do take some time of for hubby (AND yourself!) before the little one arrives, you won't regret it.

Anonymous said...

Love your new layout! And you're dad is proud...smiling down on you!

Ashley said...

Stopping by from SITS.

I've yet to have children, but I can't imagine having them without my father around as well. Congrats on the little girl and always remember that you can still keep his memory alive with her.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on having a baby girl.

And, from someone who suffered terribly with morning sickness for nine full months and even into the delivery room, be thankful you're only tired. :-)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the GIRL!

Cindy said...

Selecting The Right Shop Heater For Your Business Swap on the strength and flip on the water. The depth is usually 10 inches, with the whole box being about nine inches tall. The blades will sure dull after a period of time, which is primarily why the manufacturer has provided the purchase of additional blades.

Related Posts with Thumbnails