I obviously haven't posted much the last week. I have been beyond sick. Today is the first day I feel somewhat normal, and even that is not that great. The cold I have had has got to be the worst cold I've had in a long time...it's hung on for a week and a half so far... A few things that have happened I haven't been able to post about:
1) Two of our horses got gelded. Talk about an experience. I never thought I'd watch or see something like that. I'd hate to be them.
2) I had to cancel my class last week. Twice. Because of my cold. I have never in the four years that I have been teaching canceled a class. Yeah, I felt like crud.
3) I slept over 35 hours this weekend. It was heaven. But I got nothing done.
4) I called off work on Thursday, only to be made to feel guilty. I go in to work on Friday because I know it will be hard to cover my shift, and receive two messages on my cell phone from work (I don't get cell service at my house) about how they need someone to cover people that have called off...one being from Thursday asking me to work longer hours on Friday. All I could think was "do they not realize how sick I am?" And then I was thanked for coming in on Friday. I would think it to be a bad thing that I came in and could possibly infect the kids, but what do I know?
5) I have officially quit my job, effective January 1. I wish it was effective before then. I really don't think taking this job was the right decision in my life. It is good to get out of the house, but bad to feel as though my talents and smarts are being put to waste and are certainly not appreciated. Funny how that doesn't happen when I'm a stay-at-home-wife though....
6) I survived the busyness of advising time despite being sick. Advising is the only reason I didn't call off work more last week. I had no time to make up those appointments.
7) Only one more week left of teaching my class! Yay! But that doesn't mean more freedom, because it is possible that I will be taking on more hours over the next month... Boo!
8) I find myself wishing more and more that I had more time to do all the things in my life that I would like to try. I don't get why life has to be so overcome with ridiculous things.
9) I'm not a fan of the colder weather. I miss being able to go outside without a coat and without my fingers freezing.
I'm hopeful I'll be able to post more this week now that it seems I may be getting better (I'm crossing my fingers!).