Friday, January 16, 2009

Below Zero

Like many other areas right now, South East Ohio is freezing! Temperatures below zero. We've been forced to turn on more of the baseboard heaters to keep the house warm and the pipes from freezing...or even ourselves from freezing! Not even the horses want to get outside and stretch their legs (we let them out of the barn to clean their stalls and they ran right back in!).

The wolfdog pups and Chief and Jackson (our two permanent outdoor dogs) are all enjoying the cold...romping around and rolling in the snow (I can't believe their ability to stay warm). The goats have been put in the barn, and all our indoor animals are nice and warm. And if they aren't, they can sure find the right places, as evidenced by our girl Lucky!:

She sure looks comfy!

I hope everyone out there is staying warm in this cold weather!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sheesh...cold just isn't the right word for this weather! hehe....I'm glad the animals are staying warm. I worry about outside animals when it's this cold.

Sandy said...

Brr chilly chilly! I can't get my dog outside for even a second! She's a Chihuahua and does not like the cold one bit:)

Lump said...

awww too cute!

FROGGITY! said...

really precious...

it is not as cold as you have it... but it IS PRETTY FRIGGIN COLD HERE TOO! what's up with this weather????

Aleta said...

Hehe - now... THAT's a cat for you! They always find the sunshine parts in the house. Tigger does that too.

It's cool in New Orleans, we only had a "light freeze" for 10 hours last night. I like the cold, but I wouldn't want too much more than what we had. (Ship down some snow though.)

Mama Wheaton said...

I can't seem to get warm lately, but all the animals are comfy.

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Like Mama Wheaton, I can't seem to get warm lately either. I wish I was that cat! lol

www.GreenerPastures--ACityGirlGoesCountry.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails