Saturday, January 31, 2009

Saturday Savings!

I don't have any pictures this week. Boo. :( I went shopping with B and got home and just started putting things away, and totally forgot to take a picture! I'm still going to talk about what I spent, especially as it is the last week of the month and I need to go over how I did.

I went to CVS this week (my ECBs are about to expire...and B said, I need shampoo...oops stocked up on my shampoo and forgot about his...but luckily...shampoos were on sale this week at CVS and they were ones that offered ECBs!) where I bought:

2 Gillette shampoos $4.99 a piece
2 Head and Shoulders shampoos $4.99 a piece
2 Mentos Gum $1.69 for two (they were BOGO)

My total before coupons was $21.65

I used the following coupons:
(2) $2 off one Gillette shampoo
(2) $1 off Head and Shoulders shampoo
(1) $.55 off 2 Mentos Gum
$14.97 ECBs

My total after coupons was: $.47! I saved $21.18!! And, I still got $12 in ECBs back!

Kroger continued their mega-sale this week, which I love. I don't love shopping with B. He doesn't like to stick to my list. :) Anyway, here is a summary of my spending at Kroger:

Spend $48.41 on 47 items. Saved $70.83!

I love the MEGA sale! Believe it or not, that is not nearly as much savings as some people I have seen, but, I also bought quite a few items that were not part of the mega-sale.

In January, my goal was to keep my budget under $250. In total, I spent $255.95. Not too bad considering I didn't think about the fact their were 5 weekends in January until over halfway through January. I will have to keep that in mind as I shop in the future if I want to keep my budget where I want it. In total, I saved $400.23!!!

After two months couponing and shopping sales, I can definitely say that I see the difference in our checking account. It is nice to know that I can provide food for us on a weekly basis and do it for about $50. It truly is such a difference then the $100 or more I was spending before.

Next month I want to try and keep the budget at $200. In the long run, this is what I want the budget to be every month, and I think it is a goal that can be acheived with planning.

Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails