Saturday, December 13, 2008

Saturday Savings!

And here is my weekly update on my shopping trips.

I was pretty happy with my trips today. Although CVS didn't have a few of the items I wanted, so that messed up my trip a bit, and left me with less ECBs then I wanted to have. And, I made a boo-boo with an item I was going to send in for a rebate. Turns out I bought the right product, but it didn't have the "Try Me Free" rebate sticker on it. Sigh. Anyway, here are the updates:

At CVS, I bought:
for $.64! And I saved $20.06. This picture is missing a Powerade and one FastBreak as I gave them to B before I drove home. :) I used $15 in ECBs today, and I was planning on earning that many back...but they were out of two of the items I needed, so I had to buy a few fillers, and not to mention, the wrapping paper didn't get me any ECBs. In total though, I earned back $9.59 in ECBs. I'll just have to be more careful next week, as I would like to stay around $20 in ECBs and right now I have $16.57. Hopefully they'll have what I want next week! (It would probably help if I went earlier in the week...)

At Walmart, I bought:

for $11.34. I saved $3.00. However, I will be getting $2.00 back on the cleaner. So, that in essence means I actually saved $5.00. And if I had been paying attention with the deodorant, I would have been getting another $4.94 back. I wonder if WalMart will take the deodorant back? :)

My last stop, Kroger I purchased:

for $55.52, and I saved $50.59!! I got several freebies and items that gave me overage today such as the Sure deodorant, the Cottonelle, the Goodie Ouchless and the Sour Cream. I love freebies. :)

So, despite the fact I made a bit of a mistake with the deodorant (and who knows, maybe I'll try and take it back...) I still saved more then I spent. I spent $67.50 and saved $75.65. I went over the $50 I've been trying to hit each week, but a large part of that is because I purchased Pepsi at Kroger because it was 4/10...that is a rarity around here, and now I won't have to purchase Pepsi for at least another month or so! I am still well within the $300 I have set aside for groceries this month, so I'm pleased with this week.

Happy Shopping!

1 comment:

What A Card said...

Wow, that's really amazing! I'm impressed!

Related Posts with Thumbnails