Thursday, September 4, 2008

Growl.

Ok, I did not plan on coming on my blog to vent again...but...I just got done reading an article that was posted on a blog I check regularly My Yellowstone Wolves, because, lets face it I love wolves (and one time went to Yellowstone and hoped to see those wolves, but they were out of the region when we were there), and I am quite fired up. It was a nice article. Interesting, especially in terms of seeing how the wolves have adapted and how they are living. But what made me so angry were the comments left by ignorant people who feel that wolves should be removed from Yellowstone and all shot because they have no right to be there. This is a topic that is EXTREMELY touchy with so many people and has been controversial from the start. I'm not going to dive that deep into it. I can bet you could guess where I stand.

BUT WE HAVE NO RIGHT TO KILL OFF A SPECIES BECAUSE WE FEEL IT IS HURTING US FINANCIALLY OR EVEN "KILLING" MORE THEN IT SHOULD BE. THEY WERE HERE LONG BEFORE WE STARTED RAISING COWS (a domesticated animal, that would be worthless if we didn't eat them for meat), AND IT IS NOT OUR DECISION AS TO WHAT ANIMALS HAVE A RIGHT TO LIVE OR DIE. OR EVEN WHERE THEY LIVE.

Ok. Just had to get that off my chest. As I stated in an earlier post, we don't have the right to kill off a species. I can understand population control (even though you will never see me kill during hunting season), but it is so wrong to think that just because, as some people say, "we are the superior species," that we play God. Once they are gone, we will never get them back people. And they were put here for a reason, just like mosquitos and deer and skunks. We might not agree with the reason, but you won't know it until they are gone. And by then, it will be too late to correct.

I'll get off my soap box now.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails