Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Watch out kiddies...

here I come! I got offered a job today with the childcare center I interviewed with. It is not full-time...about 22.5 hours a week. I was really on the fence about whether or not I wanted to take it. It means I won't be home until 5 every day, and have to work on the days B has off. But, it may also lead into a full-time job eventually, and is good for our schedules with the animals.

B thought I was worried about taking it based on money. I could probably have made more substituting...but my big hang up was losing the time with him. I like being around on his days off (he doesn't get weekends off), and home most days when he gets home. Substituting would have allowed me not to work on those days, and to get home about the same time (except the days I teach). But this job allows me stability, in terms of knowing where I am working each day and isn't too far away. I also like the fact it is low stress, and they are allowing me to start on the 29th, so I don't have to worry about the wedding and the fact we already had planned to take time off getting in the way.

I guess if I don't like it, I can always try and find something else. But this will give me the opportunity to see how much I like working with this age group (toddlers), and give us a bit more money every month.

I hate being so undecided about what I want to do with my life. I once thought I knew for sure, and after such a rough experience in that realm, it has been hard to feel passion for anything else. Truth be told, I love spending time at home with the animals and working around the house (although B would say I could clean more...ha!). Too bad there isn't a major in that. 3.5 more years and I'll have more flexibility to really try what I want (opening my own business).

I guess sometimes you have to go with the flow to get where you want to be...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails