Saturday, February 7, 2009

Saturday Savings!

This week was quite good in terms of shopping. Although, I also didn't need as much because we didn't eat a lot of food...B wasn't feeling that good earlier in the week, so I used the shopping trip as a way to stock up on a few items and get a few freebies.

My first stop this week was CVS. I got:

for $.64 cents! I saved $24.98! I got the milk for free! I love free milk! :) I used $15.98 in ECB and earned back $15.49. Not a bad trip.

At Kroger I got:
for $36.56. I saved $41.70!! And bought 35 items! Although Kroger is no longer doing their mega-sale event, they were doing another sale event that allowed you to get $3.00 off if you bought 10 of an item. I probably could have bought another 10 gatorades, but chose not to. I got the Cottonelle, the Buddies soap and the Kleenex for free. The soap was $.18.

So far, I have spent $37.20 this month. That is well under my $50 a week budget. It gives me some wiggle room in the coming weeks as well.

Happy shopping!

2 comments:

ann ominous said...

are those wanchai things good? what are you going to do with all those biscuits!!! also, i think i missed the post where you explained what an ECB was???

how are things going?

Kristen said...

I had an awesome trip to the grocery store this weekend!
They were having triple coupons and I saved more than I spent. I got 2 big tubes of Crest toothpaste for .44 each.
I was so happy all day long and everytime Mr. C pulled something out of the bag I told him how much it was or how much I saved
:-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails