Saturday, February 28, 2009

Saturday Savings!

This week I went to CVS, Walmart and Kroger. Been a while since I've been to Walmart, but I was quite a bit under budget for the month, and I figured now was a good time to get some cleaning supplies we'd be needing soon.

At CVS, I got the following:
for .23! I saved $25.53!! I was looking for other things to buy at CVS, but they were out. I can't complain though.

Here is what I did:

2 Trail Mix Crunch on sale BOGO - $4.79
1 Gillette Razor - $7.99
1 6 Hour Energy Shot - $4.99
1 Valentine's Lollipops (Filler) - $.25
Total = $18.02

- $2.00 off Trail Mix Crunch coupon
- $2.00 off Trail Mix Crunch coupon
- $4.00 off Gillette Razor coupon
- $10 ECB
Final Total = $.23 And, I received $8.99 in ECBs back. I have just under $20 ECBs left to start the month of March, not bad!

At Walmart I got the following:

for $9.47. I saved $2.50! Ok, I know that wasn't huge savings, but, I did realize that the water I typically buy at Kroger is $.50 cheaper at Walmart. It seems there are some things that are definitely cheaper at Walmart in comparison to Kroger...such as water and flour (I price shopped flour today). I will have to keep this in mind in the coming weeks as I do my shopping. $.50 adds up over a period of time.

At Kroger I got the following:

for $41.57. I saved $42.27!!! More then I spent! I used this week to stock up on cereal (5 boxes total between my CVS and Kroger purchases) and meat, since the deals were good at Kroger. We aren't in need of a lot of stuff right now because we most likely will be traveling again this coming week, although I'm keeping an eye out for mashed potato and rice sales, which I hope will happen soon! The nice thing about this trip, is I have a mail in rebate of $2.99 from the cereal, and I got $3.00 off my next shopping order for the purchase of the rolls (and I got three of the rolls for free, in essence making $.70 on the roll purchase).

Overall for the month of February, I spent $184.72, which is $15 under my $200 budget. That means I'll have $15 extra for next month if it is needed. I saved a grand total of $256.59! That doesn't include several rebates I have coming back to me this month ($15.49 worth).

I think on a whole, I had a great month of shopping. I'm still getting the hang of some things, and in the future, would like to try and use my ECBs at CVS to cover even more of my shopping needs...such as all shampoo, conditioner, deodorant purchases...although sometimes the deals are so good at Kroger they are hard to pass up (but again, if something is free at CVS, why even spend $.08 on it at Kroger?).

Next month, I hope to again stick to my $200 budget for groceries and household supplies. I also hope to keep better track of other spending in our house by using a budget spreadsheet. I tried this month and got a bit confused when I didn't update it for a week or so. Oops. I'll do better next month!

Happy Shopping everyone!

4 comments:

Mama Wheaton said...

You are doing so great! I still think you should build a CVC here in Idaho.

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

What an accomplishment! I'm happy to report that at least I'm now using coupons.

www.GreenerPastures--ACityGirlGoesCountry.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

this is amazing! i am totally inspired to clip coupons and save! i love bargains even more than CHOCOLATE!

Anonymous said...

oops! don't know what happened there with my name! SORRY!

Related Posts with Thumbnails