Saturday, February 21, 2009

Saturday Savings!

This week I went to both CVS and Kroger.

At CVS, I got the following:

for $1.02! I saved $61.67!!! And I actually MADE MONEY by shopping at CVS this week! Yay for rebates! I also had to do 2 transactions so I could have two receipts to get the rebates. I also had to think on my feet a little after I realized that I had the price of the mouth wash wrong (I was off by $4!). Just so I can show you all how I get everything for so cheap, I'll go through my transactions (I never do that!) Here is what I did:

Transaction #1
windex wipes $2.50
colgate total $2.99
colgate total $2.99
gillette fusion razor $7.99 = $16.47

$16.47
-$.40 windex coupon
-$1.00 colgate coupon
-$1.00 colgate coupon
-$4.00 gillette razor coupon
-$10.00 ECB

= $.51 I also earned $5.98, and 4.00 in ECB and I can send in for a mail in rebate for the windex wipes, which will get me $2.50 back, which means I actually made $1.97 from my first transaction! (I earned back almost as many ECBs as I spent -$.02 less then I started with).

Transaction #2
Hershey's kisses $1.49
Hershey's kisses $1.49
Hershey's kisses $1.49
Hershey's kisses $1.49
Neutrogena facial soap $2.99
Neutrogena facial soap $2.99
Natural Dentist mouthwash $9.99
Natural Dentist mouthwash $9.99
Buckeye candy $.50
Buckeye candy $.50
Buckeye candy $.50 = $33.42

$33.42
-$2.00 Natural Dentist coupon
-$2.00 Natural Dentist coupon
-$2.00 off 2 Hershey's kisses coupon
-$2.00 off 2 Hershey's kisses coupon
-$12.00 ECB, $5.98 ECB and $4.00 ECB (the last two were from the first transaction).

=$.51 I earned back $18 in ECB and I can send in for a $10 mail in rebate on the mouthwash, which means I made $5.51 on this transaction (seeing as how I came out with less ECBs then I started with).

All in all, it was a really good shopping day at CVS!

At Kroger I got the following (minus a 6-pack of Aquafina I forgot to put in the picture...):

for $38.58. I saved $18.88! This is probably the least I have saved in quite some time...in part because deals at Kroger were next to none this week. Additionally, since B and I are going out of town for a few days this week, I didn't need to buy a lot of the essentials, so I decided to start stocking up on some meat again because we are running low. If you tallied in the savings I had on the meat (All were Manager's Specials, which don't come up as savings on the receipt) I probably saved another $5-$10.

I actually heard someone talking the other day in the bank about how they thought Kroger was too expensive. There was a point when I thought that maybe shopping at Walmart would save me money. But then I started shopping deals and using coupons, and I truly believe that Kroger isn't more expensive. Maybe if you didn't shop the deals. Also, Kroger keeps sending me coupons in the mail, and this month alone, I got coupons for a free liter of Pepsi and a 6-pack of Gatorade! Walmart surely doesn't do that (or give you money off on gas). I'm happy with Kroger and am glad I stuck with shopping there!

In all this week, I spent $47.19 on groceries/household supplies. There are a few things I bought this week that aren't in the pictures. :)

I'm crossing my fingers for some Pepsi deals next week because we are running low!

Happy shopping!

4 comments:

Mama Wheaton said...

So basically we need to move where there is a Krogers and CVS!

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Day 3 of the Where’s Wenda? Contest is here. Today I am visiting all of the SITStas that commented on Three Bay B Chicks. That means you! Thanks so much for stopping by and for being a great SISta!

-Wenda

Anonymous said...

Wow Good job!

Lora said...

holy cow--I need to take some lessons from your shopping genius...

Related Posts with Thumbnails